Ax-5 clutch.

I have an 87 comanche with an Ax-4 2wd that I'm converting to 4wd with an Ax-5 231. I priced a clutch for it from a company called fenco I think. For an entire kit with a clutch disk, throwout bearing, slave and pilot shaft bearing for $140. Why is it so cheap. I have seen people on hear pay that much for just the slave cylinder. Does fenco make a good clutch or not.

Thanks

That depends on if they're internal or external. I've seen internal slaves, which have the throwout bearing attached, go for more that $100. I got a clutch kit from carquest for $140 (clutch, PP, throwout, pilot bearing), and an external slave from a local shop for $47.

You can swap to external slave very easily with a couple parts. I got a shift pivot ball from the "Help!" section (not sure if it was NAPA or CSK Schmucks) and drilled the hole in the bell where the OEM ball sat in my other trans, then used the arm and slave with the spacer sleeve from an '86 to make it work 9and it still works! My son's GF drives it every day)