4 low shifting problems

So today I was running through the gears on my t/c and I went from 2wd to 4wd no problem, but when I tried to shift into neutral to 4 low, it just stuck. I can't get the shifter lever to move past 4 high and I tried every configuration (clutch engaged, blipping the throttle, etc) and it still won't engage. I know it runs off of motor vaccum and I just replaced all broken or cracked lines so I know its not that. So what else could it be?

The vacuum disconnect in your axle has nothing to do with the t case engaging, the vac disco axle just engages the axle hubs. I bypassed my CAD by locking the fork in the left position, and i can still go from 4 to 2 wheel drive. The axle gears are still spinning though there is no power going to them.

It is exactly like leaving the manual lock in hubs locked in in a truck and putting it in 2wd.

Have you tried driving it around a bit and then locking it in? it could be that the low range gear can't go in. does it go into the neutral tcase gear?

I know it runs off of motor vaccum

The T-case shifter does not run off the vacuum, it's "hand" operated, when you shift into 4wd Hi or 4wd Low, that operates the vacuum switch on the transfer case to the front disco / 4wd dash light.

Did you try to move the lever to the right (passenger side) to get past the "dog" on the lever housing to shift into Neutral / 4wd Low???

If you did, then the linkage needs adjusting.

You can shift on the fly from 2wd to 4wd HI, and back, but you MUST come to a full stop to shift into 4wd Low.

I know it runs off of motor vaccum

The T-case shifter does not run off the vacuum, it's "hand" operated, when you shift into 4wd Hi or 4wd Low, that operates the vacuum switch on the transfer case to the front disco / 4wd dash light.

beat ya to it there wildman lol...

So yeah, I just went outside (good use of government work time eh) and turns out it just needed a little wiggleing to get it. Went right into neutral and 4 low. Thanks guys!

Yeah, you have to move the handle to the right in order to get it past 4HI. They did that so you don't overshoot 4HI while engaging while driving.

Shooting into 4LO while driving could cause lots of breakage.