JEEP just empty every pocket

ok my 88,mj is sick,first it was cutting out ,so i replaced fuel pump,regulator,and filter,plus distributer cap plugs and wires,changed oil and filter cause gas in oil,now when i crank it up it smokes like a tar hill,and knocks at idel,wtf all this time and money and now this!!!!is there any quick fix or just replace motor or make it a parts truck???? :grrrr:

ok my 88,mj is sick,first it was cutting out ,so i replaced fuel pump,regulator,and filter,plus distributer cap plugs and wires,changed oil and filter cause gas in oil,now when i crank it up it smokes like a tar hill,and knocks at idel,wtf all this time and money and now this!!!!is there any quick fix or just replace motor or make it a parts truck???? :grrrr:

Don't part it out!!!!! Have a mechanic look at it. it kind of sounds like you have a blown head gasket. what lead me to that thought is the gas mixed with oil....... good luck. hope that helps. I was in a similar situation about 2 months ago when i found my oil milky, which means coolant in the oil pan. in two nights with some friends we did the change.

If there was gas in the oil it could have been caused by a injector stuck open washing down one (or more) cylnders. As it was running the gas washed away any oil for the wrist pin on the piston, now causing a knock at idle in the engine. If you start the Jeep and the knock is at idle, pull off one spark plug wire at a time, if the knock goes away when you pull a wire off, you have found the cylnder causing the issue. This has worked for me in the past and does not cost anything to check out yourself!

thanks guys,i will try that,the thing has been known to get pretty hot,in the past,but i have no coolent loss,as for the injector staying open i will check it out tonight,GOOD POSIBLIDY,we have a mud bod coming up on the 29th of march,I'm going to trailor it there,if i blow it up,i have done found a 88,4.0 for $150.00,its supposaly,only to have 130000 on it,but like most i want MORE POWER,whats the differance in swapping out for a 4.0 ho?my brother has a 93 he wrecked and said i could have the motor?

If there was gas in the oil it could have been caused by a injector stuck open washing down one (or more) cylnders. As it was running the gas washed away any oil for the wrist pin on the piston, now causing a knock at idle in the engine. If you start the Jeep and the knock is at idle, pull off one spark plug wire at a time, if the knock goes away when you pull a wire off, you have found the cylnder causing the issue. This has worked for me in the past and does not cost anything to check out yourself!

Nice!! I learned something new!!! +1 rep to you sir