What to do ifA you overheated

Ok I wheeled my manche pretty damn hard. After pulling out a Pathfinder several times and the beating the hell out of it through the slop I found it overheated. I found it over heated on the way back to my house that it overheated as I was not looking at the gauge and I did a burnout and the fitting to the radiator to the hose didnt have enough pressure from the clamp and blew out right there. Steam from the coolant was everywhere, enough to make me use the wipers. I am letting it cool down, thank god I was a a quarter of a mile to my house and I just coasted it there after I shut it down.

So the question is what do I do after I overheated it that bad, change the oil or what. I still have enough coolant, this is the first time it has happened to me in any vehical I have owned.

Thanks a bunch.

Zack

I had a frozen radiator earlier this year. So, I also overheated as there was no fluid flowing thru the cooling system.

I replaced the blown hose, replaced the Tstat and changed the oil/filter. Later on I found that I had also split the radiator, so I also bought a new one of those...

That's what I did...

CW

Run a compression check. Severe overheating can take the temper out of the piston rings. The engine will run after that, but it'll be down on compression, down on power, and always burn oil.

Don't ask me how I know this ...

Run a compression check. Severe overheating can take the temper out of the piston rings. The engine will run after that, but it'll be down on compression, down on power, and always burn oil.

That's the most likely reason why my 88's engine has sucked ever since the trip to the dunes. :( It runs, but there's no horsepower and the blowby is horrible. :cry: