Need help from anyone with a Stroker ... (and some without)

BLHTAZ

Has anyone here with a Stroker used the upgrade Ford Motorsport injectors? I need some info on your experience if you have.

J-Rations Magazine is going to do an article on the injectors that Precision Auto Injectors is selling and we need to get as much feedback as possible. I have some good stuff on them from my installs in our '88 MJ & '95 YJ, but neither of these have strokers yet. I would really like some actual stoker results/info to include in the article.

We are doing an install specifically for the J-Rations writer on March 8th, but we have about 3 weeks total to gather information for the article. Can anyone help?

I know that several people on here have purchased injectors recently for the regular 4.0L or other engines and we would like to have your results/feedback as well. Any info you can provide is welcome...MPG gains, idle change, acceleration, starting etc, etc...

Not I, am using Mopar 23.2 # injectors. You should post this up on the old stroker email forum as lots of guys there are using the Ford/Bosch 24# injectors. Most seem like they're running too rich also. :oops:

MPG "gains"? That was a joke, yes?

I suggest you contact Bob Salemi at . Bob has a stroker in his street XJ and a built stroker in his pro dragster MJ. He has done extensive dyno testing on the MJ engine, and he may have done some on the XJ motor as well. For the XJ (which came first), I know he went through several tries before finding the correct injectors. The stock Renix 19-pound injectors are definitely not adequate. IIRC he ultimately found that 22-pound or 24-pound squirters were about right.

MPG gains. You're a real comic, you know that?

MPG "gains"? That was a joke, yes?

I suggest you contact Bob Salemi at . Bob has a stroker in his street XJ and a built stroker in his pro dragster MJ. He has done extensive dyno testing on the MJ engine, and he may have done some on the XJ motor as well. For the XJ (which came first), I know he went through several tries before finding the correct injectors. The stock Renix 19-pound injectors are definitely not adequate. IIRC he ultimately found that 22-pound or 24-pound squirters were about right.

MPG gains. You're a real comic, you know that?

Hey Eagle;

Were you able to obtain any pics of Bob's rigs? Love to see some...... :popcorn:

I am running an AP stroker with the 5.2/5.9l Chrysler injectors, and have been running this setup for a while. The gas mileage has not change that much I would say bout the same. 18/22 mpg that’s if a take it easy I’m also running lower gears 3.55 which does make some difference. I can tell you this she does run smoother and starts right up. BTW there is an formula for choose the right injectors based on ones application {hp* “Brake Specific Fuel Consumption” / injectors* duty cycle (HP*.50/INJCTR*.80) }. It was brought to my attention that the spray patterns on the ford injectors are very good which does help in the area of MPG & HP. :cheers:

I am finding that certain applications/situations are gettng good results with MPG like my MJ did. I gained about 14% with the change, but it is all depending on the condition and age of the injectors being replaced.

I don't expect to see MPG gains in Strokers, but in the regular stock applications there have been quite a few noted improvements so far.

I have made a similar post on the Stroker forums, but have not put it on the Yahoo group yet.

All info is apprecaited. If they are not working out for Strokers...I want to find that out as well because I would not want Wojtek promoting something that is not true. So far I have found that the Stroker guys seem to be happy with the 24# injectors, but I have only had repsonses from a couple.