sad day in da 'Burgh.....

mjeff87

When I first moved there I heard about people that would watch the game on TV but turn down the sound to listen to Myron on the radio. I thought, no big deal, I've heard of that before. Then I heard him on the radio and thought my god, this guy is completely awful. Then I saw him do preseason games on the local network, and somehow that gosh-awful voice and can't string a sentence together grows on you. Can't explain it, but he was definitely one of a kind. Who cares about thundersticks, foam #1 fingers, pom poms or any of that stuff, this is the man that invented the greatest fan cheering supplement of all time........The Terrible Towel! 'Ell Yeah!!

When I first moved there I heard about people that would watch the game on TV but turn down the sound to listen to Myron on the radio. 'Ell Yeah!!

I did that when we lived up there, and once we moved to VA (and the Stillerz were on TV) I would mute the sound and catch the audio on streaming via the WDVE website :cheers:

That worked until Comcast bought them out, no live audio since :roll:

Yoi....and double Yoi!!!! Nothing like listening to a little Bill Hillgrove, Tunch Ilkin, and some Myron on a Sunday afternoon. Ya know, 'ol Myron would start the broadcast with a fifth of JD in front of him....by the second half, he was into the second half of the bottle, and it just made him better ;)

Jeff