Wire headlight guards

I'm not real familiar with the Rugged Ridge guard... How does it mount? If it is like the other lamp guards I have seen it mounts right to the lamp bezel. I know the YJ and MJ use the same headlamp... so if the guard mounts to the lamp bezel I don't see why it wouldn't work.

If its like the ones that have been out for years, they have little clips that fit under the screws that hold the bezel that holds the headlight in. Then the actual cage fits/snaps on to the clips.

I think they look good if you experiment with colors. They give the headlight a color cast in the day time but do nothing for the light color when they are on.

I guess they MIGHT offer a bit of protection from smallish gravel and sticks, but really small stuff is going to fly right thru and heavy stuff will just drive the mesh into the light breaking it anyway.

IMHO, go ahead and get them, but know its a just for looks kinda mod. Just like the clear corner lights I got and put on tonight!! :brows: :brows:

CW

Yeah I know they are just for looks. But looks are sorta important too. These are what I am looking at...

They look real good!!!

But, I don't think those will fit to be honest...

You could make them though, they look easy enuff to make.. Just a lil metal, saw, and welder,,,