Does the 1991 4.0L HO MJ have a PCV and an EGR?

Ok, so i talked to the crystler dealership and they claim the 91 4.0L has a PCV, but they don't have the part. I have the Hays manual for 1988 comanches to 1997 Cherokee. But it doesn't have my engine in it! However it does say that all 4.0L's have the CCV set up. So i don't know if the dealership is right or what... They said they would order the pcv for me but, according to what i have read it doesn't exist.

Also i wanted to give the EGR a quick squeez test to see if it needed replacing but i can't find it. Its not by the throttle body or anything. There is a sticker diagram under the hood of my MJ but no refference to an EGR. Any help would be appreciated.

My engine is haveing a bit of blow by but its not burning any oil so normaly the fix is the PCV if there is one (194K on this engine). I'm on spring break right now so i was hoping to get all the little lose ends on thee mj tied up. Breaks, O2... etc

Cheers,

Ok, so i talked to the crystler dealership and they claim the 91 4.0L has a PCV, but they don't have the part. I have the Hays manual for 1988 comanches to 1997 Cherokee. But it doesn't have my engine in it! However it does say that all 4.0L's have the CCV set up. So i don't know if the dealership is right or what... They said they would order the pcv for me but, according to what i have read it doesn't exist.

Also i wanted to give the EDR a quick squeez test to see if it needed replacing but i can't find it. Its not by the throttle body or anything. There is a sticker diagram under the hood of my MJ but no refference to an EDR. Any help would be appreciated.

My engine is haveing a bit of blow by but its not burning any oil so normaly the fix is the PCV if there is one (194K on this engine). I'm on spring break right now so i was hoping to get all the little lose ends on thee mj tied up. Breaks, O2... etc Cheers,

There is no PCV valve. Its a CCV system that uses an orifice in the rear of the valve cover to regulate air flow. Also there is no EGR (if that's what you meant) in 1991+ HO engines.

Look here: http://www.madxj.com/ under "ENGINE" then "'93 XJ to '00 XJ CCV Upgrade". This mod allows the early HOs to breathe much better. Eliminated all blowby I had in my old 91 engine.

Also i wanted to give the EDR a quick squeez test to see if it needed replacing but i can't find it. Its not by the throttle body or anything. There is a sticker diagram under the hood of my MJ but no refference to an EDR. Any help would be appreciated.

My engine is haveing a bit of blow by but its not burning any oil so normaly the fix is the PCV if there is one (194K on this engine). I'm on spring break right now so i was hoping to get all the little lose ends on thee mj tied up. Breaks, O2... etc Cheers,

There is no PCV valve. Its a CCV system that uses an orifice in the rear of the valve cover to regulate air flow. Also there is no EGR (if that's what you meant) in 1991+ HO engines.

Look here: http://www.madxj.com/ under "ENGINE" then "'93 XJ to '00 XJ CCV Upgrade". This mod allows the early HOs to breathe much better. Eliminated all blowby I had in my old 91 engine.

That mod requires a HO valve cover from what the author says.. So that means you have to swap the VC right?? Aren't the new VC's stamped metal other then aluminum?

That mod requires a HO valve cover from what the author says.. So that means you have to swap the VC right?? Aren't the new VC's stamped metal other then aluminum?

I already had the 91 HO alum valve cover, so it was basically just a hose/CCV grommet swap for me. I don't know if the 91+ alum covers can be swapped easily to the 90 and below Renix engines. Maybe someone has done it? If so this mod should work just fine on the Renix engines too.

hornbrod

You are my hero! That is the exact VC that I have! And I agree that there is no EGR on this engine I just didn't have the specs and confidence to confirm it.

The reason I’m getting a little more blow by than normal could be the fact that I’m putting 5000km + a month on my rig. I do a lot of skiing and commuting. If I can get my hands on the parts in the next couple of days I will try this mod.

Sorry about the type O's, I’m an ENGG student can't be helped lol.