JK Dana 44???

Rokhound

I was reading an issue of Petersen’s 4 wheel & Off Road they were saying that you can get the new JK D44 for $1400 and some change with a locker and 4.10 gears and it is a high pinion. And also it is set up for cross over steering and there 32 spline. I was thinking these set up in the front and the 8.8 in the back since you need to run spacer in the rear for the 8.8 you could get them to match the 5 on 5 bolt pattern and be done.

My plans was to run full widths and still could but buy the time you add the rebuild of the old axles wouldn't you be money ahead. I mean I was read a thread on Pirate where a guy has 5000 in a D44.

Plus this way you can keep the close to stock width and plus run a 15" tire and rim. The 3/4 ton that I was looking at I needed new rims and tires and those 16" or 17" rim aren’t to bad but damn those tire are pricey and I can find good used 15's all day long for around 400 to 600 depending on size and brand. I no that I am going to have to change my rims to 5 on 5.5 but still I can go to the junk yard and get a set of old ford rims for a song and dance or he!! there is some one always selling these rims, beadlock and tire combo.

Any thoughts??

i am seriously considering this as well. the price is awesome and you get alot for your money. so what if i have to cut off all the mounts and weld on new ones? the rear is super cheap to do.

I couldn't build a d44 with selectable lockers with new EVERYTHING for less than 2gs i bet.

it costs 1g alone to get a ARB installed.

i say do it. I will when i have the money.