Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted


Could not find a decent 2 door XJ to be able to swap everything over. I don’t need another money pit. A Long Bed MJ became up for sale (I actually pressured him into selling it). Again, it’s 4 hour drive away. It’s an orange 2wd truck. It comes with a rebuilt AX15 and rebuilt NP231! Not sure if it’s the external master cylinder set up? It had the red interior but somewhere along the way it was painted black. I’m going to change it to the gray color eventually. I’m going to us as much of the XJ as possible. I haven’t seen it a few years, so I only have limited idea of what it needs. I could only find a couple picture of it ->

IMG_3216.png.a2f82471d4f2948fedc404fe0efb1c60.pngIMG_3219.png.c10ff66a160aad001bbd6544bfd290e1.pngIMG_3220.png.937830e14d4a7d2b49564e985bb4af5b.pngIMG_3220.png.937830e14d4a7d2b49564e985bb4af5b.png

  • Drahcir495 changed the title to OFF-CMBR ~ an 1988 MJ Build-Up
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted

My 200 mile tow coverage is renewing mid September. I’m working on a deal to get both Comanche’s here at the same time. It can’t come fast enough 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Drove down to get the new MJ from the shop where it’s been sitting->
IMG_3428.jpeg.8d55fecfb143e39fbab9c145cae10feb.jpeg

 

We got a mile in the truck and the radiator cracked and the coolant was all over the place. Dammit. Called AAA and got it towed to the shop where the both will be towed up to my place ->
IMG_3439.jpeg.bb0f864d98119f255f6d940605f2da69.jpeg

 

I will be using the radiator off the Cherokee, so already been paid for.

The interior was red but they painted it all black ->

IMG_3436.jpeg
 

IMG_3435.jpeg
 

 

 

IMG_3431.jpeg
 

IMG_3434.jpeg

Posted

No, it’ mmmm

Got some goodies with it. A
rebuilt AX15 ->
IMG_3446.jpeg.03613d6c25a5439e085a4f22711a75f2.jpeg

 

external slave bellhousing->

IMG_3445.jpeg.7fd821d916480eb369a4e1c941b5edfe.jpeg
 

A NP231 transfercase with a new slip yolk eliminator kit ->

IMG_3441.jpeg.144149006c8dc6fd676f3cefd6ea1a83.jpeg

 


IMG_3444.jpeg.3f0220349024795125f3b23dd2f0dfad.jpeg  

 

AX15 specific crossmember->
IMG_3443.jpeg.5e95188b9f422c9bb83f44ae3ec6c3f6.jpeg

 

And a box of other brake stuff->
IMG_3442.jpeg.7fb733d21c89a94074e7f2bc411540da.jpeg

 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

We have one Pick and pull within driving distance. I’m changing the interior fro painted black to gray. I picked some door panels and transfer case skid

 

IMG_3532.jpeg.bb874b14b6cdf9919f3ba84bec2ebdc8.jpeg
 

Clean them up and then onto the Comanche. Stripping the XJ for anything I can use.

Posted

Having a son gives me the reason to get everything that I did not have! I got a Smith & Wesson throwing knife kit. Put up a couple pieces of plywood to try to minimize any damage to the fence->IMG_3565.jpeg.ddaa9f3f467ee5b35bcb193dc2f2512e.jpeg
 

IMG_3559.jpeg.ca506bef76e79385ed84177764717707.jpeg

 

IMG_3563.jpeg.05293190d791bee60d1c19736134dd89.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...