Speedometer shaking

I swapped out my gauges for full ones a couple of weeks ago and everything is working great. However, a couple of days ago my speedo started to shake a little bit. It isn't a big deal because it is still working and I don't have CC anyway. Over the last couple of days it will come and go in different severities. It has been VERY cold the last couple of days, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. So for a long term fix am I going to need a new cable or can I just grease it? If it can be greased is there some kind that I can just spray in the top and it will work its way down or do I have to remove it to grease it?

best way is to pull it, then pull the cable the whole way out of the housing. Clean all the old grease off of it, then coat it with fresh and reassemble it.

The housing also held by a little metal clip that slips over the frameend UCA bolt....make sure it's still attached. Otherwise, it will bounce around underneath and cause the needle to shake.

Jeff

Well I suppose this will just be one of those "when I get to it" kind of jobs. I just thought it was kind of funny how it started so shortly after I changed the gauges. So perhaps it is that that clip fell off after getting banged around during the swap.

Take a good luck at the routing of the speedo cable, under the dash and under the hood. It's very possible that in changing the clusters you pulled more cable through the firewall and made a tighter bend under the hood. This could make it bind at that point where it didn't before if it had a smoother, larger radius.