Has anyone used this kit from POR-15

mfpdm

Was getting ready to order some POR-15 online today and ran across their Floor Pan & Restoration Kit. Click the name for info.

This seems to be an excellent alternative to cutting and welding new metal. All I have is pinholes here and there, but the floor itself is solid.

Has anyone used this product? Pro's and Con's or Opinions.

:cheers:

I've used POR-15 for my floor pans.

http://www.locojeeper.com/project-jeeps/stopping-floor-board-rust

Over-all i'm fairly impressed with the product. However, you do need to follow the application process... trying to rush or improvise has only proven to make the product "flake" off.

It's an expensive coating, but in certain areas and if you have the time its worth it.

I've used POR-15 for my floor pans.

http://www.locojeeper.com/project-jeeps/stopping-floor-board-rust

Over-all i'm fairly impressed with the product. However, you do need to follow the application process... trying to rush or improvise has only proven to make the product "flake" off.

It's an expensive coating, but in certain areas and if you have the time its worth it.

That was my plan until I saw the kit. Just wondered if anyone has tried it. With the epoxy and fiberglass mesh, it looks like a good answer for small holes.

The POR stuff works god enough, but it's QUITE a BIT EXPENSIVE.

Check a few local auto parts stores, there are other manufacturers of similar products that work fairly well, but cost a FRACTION of what POR costs.

A simple rule to live by... You get what you pay for. Buy the good stuff and do it once...buy the cheap stuff and ... well ... hope for the best ... ;)

I used that kit when I repaired my floors. Like you, I only had some small holes. It works great.

I've had mine done for almost a year now and it is holding up, no more rust. :D

What were the steps in putting it down? I'm curious about the putty and the mesh. They sell the mesh by itself and I thought it might be all I need with the POR 15 and would cost less than the kit.

:cheers: