tomarrow

a1awind

I'm going to get my calipers replaced and I'm gonna try to get him to inspect it too.

i patched the holes in the bed with aluminum tape, got a set of explorer wheels and fresh tires and after tomarrow hopefully working brakes and and an inspected truck

mish me luck ....Lord willing ill have a legal mj tomarrow.....I'm hoping beyond hope.

calipers started working but when we put it up on the rack there was a hole in the floor by the rocker that i didnt see and the rear shocks are shot. so no passing inspection today...darn! days like today i feel like i may have bitten off more that i can chew as a beginner with this truck but i guess it will come in time.

Pa inspections don't get better over time. I've had cars inspected for 34+ years and I still dread the 'wait'. Of course I was spoiled in the beginning when my uncle was our inspector. Back when it was twice a year we would do all the work, call him over to say ok and forced him to take a dollar for the 50 cent sticker. He retired after about a year with my cars but the neighborhood station did it as I watched. The next guy did a quicky as I watched. Both of these still charged the going rate.

After I settled away from home, there has been no opportunity to get a good relationship. They either go out of business, change hands, or do something I didn't agree with. So I still do the pre-inspection and wait for them to find something. My record is pretty good but with 6 regular licensed vehicles it get old. The newest car is 12 years old so it definetly takes some time.

Of course with my 86 Cherokee I have lifetime inspections so I can have free pre-inspections because they always find something. However, they are not too convenient now, but when it is 40+ years old, I'll take it in for a freebie.

I went thru the new salvage vehicle inspection last year (deer damage) and I had to go to a particular inspector and he found rust thru under the spare tire bracket on the Cherokee. I never looked there for rust and neither did my regular inspector.

Anyway, I wait all day not knowing if the lack of call is that he didn't find anything or he didn't start it yet. Retirement will allow me to wait for it, but by that time I'll just have Antique plates with no inspection.

i though in pa with calssic plates you have to get it inspected...but not pa registration? the amount of rust is amazing i feel so overwelmed sometimes but like pete said ... if it didnt need the work it wouldnt be so fun...at least it isnt my DD.

Classic plates are permanent with inspection. Antique are permanent without inspection. The theory is a 10 to 25 year old car will be driven more than an older one. Classic made sense when there were 2 inspections a year(only needed one). Now with the reluctance to issue them and only saving annual registration, you might as well wait until 25 years to get antique plates with no hassle. The use restrictions are exactly the same, once a week, unlimited club activity, shows, etc. Forget what you heard about night driving. If the headlights meet standards, no problem. Will cars lasting longer, there may be some changes over the horizon.