I need a 99-01 Intake Manfold & PS bracket

coolwind57

You fellas got one of those "horseshoe" intake manfolds from a 99-2001 XJ laying around that you'd be willing to sell me?  I also will need the power steering bracket for that manifold too.  I'd rather buy from one of you guys than from anyone else.

I'm planning on putting in a 7120 (or 0630) cylinder head and I understand that the horseshoe manifold is the way to go.

I've got a bored Renix-era throttle body and I suppose I'll need a different one to replace it that'll fit the horseshoe manifold.  So if anyone has a throttle body trade in mind, then I'm all ears.

Thanks

On 3/29/2024 at 5:11 PM, Comanche SS said:

Ive got the power steering bracket, from a 98, although its the same bracket AFAIK.

If you want the earlier HO intake, ive got that too.

Let me know if you want any of it!

Man, I wonder if my Renix Throttle body and Fuel rail will bolt directly on your 98 Intake manifold?  Any guesses?

I would kinda hate to not use my Throttle body because I had it bored a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, coolwind57 said:

Man, I wonder if my Renix Throttle body and Fuel rail will bolt directly on your 98 Intake manifold?  Any guesses?

I would kinda hate to not use my Throttle body because I had it bored a few years ago. 

It will not fit.

The renix intake manifold uses a 3 hole mount with 60mm hole. Stock throttle body is 52mm.

HO intake manifold is a 4 hole square mount with 62mm hole. Stock throttle body is 58mm

HO intake manifold can be opened up to 68-70mm according to newcomer racing

96-98 4.0L intake:

s-l1600.jpg

2 minutes ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

It will not fit.

The renix intake manifold uses a 3 hole mount with 60mm hole.

HO intake manifold is a 4 hole square mount with 62mm hole. throttle body is 58mm,

HO intake manifold can be opened up to 68-70mm according to newcomer racing

96-98 4.0L intake:

s-l1600.jpg

I really appreciate you taking the time. 

I'm currently reading more about bolting the renix intake on to the 7120 head and running with it.  I'll likely try some port matching...man that renix intake port drops significantly lower than the 7120 port. 

Here's a pic.  The renix head is on the left.  The 1995 7120 is on the right with a renix gasket on it to show the difference.  The 7120, as you can see is much shorter, but is however a tiny bit wider, so i'll need to shave a bit off of the renix intake manifold as well as the 7120. 

Cruiser has done this same swap multiple times in the past and I'm now thinking I'll save some time and money by staying renix on all but the cylinder head.

renix.jpg

From what I remember reading, the best way to convert to HO but keep renix controls is to:

-Install HO head

-Install HO intake

-Install HO throttle body

-mechanically adapt renix TPS to HO throttle body

-adapt renix throttle linkage to HO intake with new custom bracket

-give up on EGR because there are no provisions after 1991

I do remember @BIGMASSmaking a renix to HO spacer out of a block of metal. At first it looks odd, but it's actually a neat solution. Technically, if you have a bored renix throttle body, it should outperform a stock HO throttle body (60mm > 58mm).

5 minutes ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

From what I remember reading, the best way to convert to HO but keep renix controls is to:

-Install HO head

-Install HO intake

-Install HO throttle body

-mechanically adapt renix TPS to HO throttle body

-adapt renix throttle linkage to HO intake with new custom bracket

-give up on EGR because there are no provisions after 1991

otherwise, I do remember someone making a renix to HO spacer out of a block of 6061 aluminum. It's goofy, but if it fits, it ships!

Sounds like a solid plan if you want to go full HO.  The more I think about it, the more I don't care for all the mods and parts swaps.    Redoing fuel lines, adding HO fuel rail are more items that I understand would need to be done.  I initially thought it would be cool if adding a horseshoe HO manifold didn't involve so much, but at this stage I just need to get me truck back on the road.  I always felt I had enough power and that the truck was never slow or weak anyway.  Hence, I'm leaning more towards the easier route.

I hear you! I'm thinking of doing the renix bored throttle body and maybe down the line experiment with dual electric 10 blade fans. I'm not going to experiment with HO swaps unless my front radiator blows up, then I'll consider migrating more over to HO components.

I added some more info to the post above. The bracket idea is pretty neat actually. Spacers don't seem to have a major impact either, so it's a pretty straightforward solution.

15 hours ago, coolwind57 said:

The renix throttle body is 3 bolt

The HO is 4 bolt 

An adapter can be made though