1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer.

JimB

OK I am getting old. Retired three years ago. My job kept me traveling around the world for the last 20 years. I worked on the truck when I had time when I was home. It is a 1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer. Belonged to my brother. He moved to Texas for his job 9 years ago. Sold me the truck for the price of a roundtrip airline ticket so he could visit mom ($600.00). He was very rough on the truck smacked trees bent fenders mostly.

My nephew (his son) wanted the truck. So, he and I started working on it. He would spend my money on parts. Then when I came home off the road, I would install them. I purchased a 1999 Cherokee for parts. (Nephew found for $800) I drilled out spot welds replaced all inner panels that were damaged. (Front radiator supports etc.) I rebuilt the engine for my brother years earlier. So, I did not replace the bottom end. Took the head from the 1999, lapped the valves replaced the valve stem seals. Replaced engine wiring harness and made it OBD II. Removed the entire dash and put in the 1999 dash. Changed the A/C condenser, evaporator. Made new A/C hoses. Removed the single DIN radio did the modifications for a Double Din stereo system used the Crutchfield panel to make it look all factory. Bought 32-inch tires from a friend. Dick Cepek. He bought new in New York for his Cherokee. Drove approximately 700 miles to Wilmington NC. Sold them to me. (He wanted bigger tires) I purchased Brand new rims for the tires. A coworker had a rough country 4-inch lift kit that he sold me. Never used (he sold his Comanche) I had to put nerf bars on just to get into truck. I have a HighLift jack. All interior parts, new carpet still in the in box, Console, seats are from a Scion, but I have a set of original buckets. I replaced the front axle assembly from the 1999 Cherokee into the 1988 (Removed the front axle because it had the pneumatic disconnect.) I have the rear end from the 1999 Cherokee. For the ring and pinion gears to match the front. Tons of parts, I just have to many projects. Need to start getting rid of stuff. I have a ton of money tied up in this truck and I will consider all reasonable offers. I can take as many pictures as you want. It has been driven less than a mile in the last 9 years. I would much rather see someone enjoy it than it go to hell. Oh, I do start it, so the seals stay lubricated.

IMG_0310 (002).jpg

IMG_0311 (002).jpg

IMG_0312 (002).jpg

IMG_0313 (002).jpg

IMG_0314 (002).jpg

IMG_0318 (002).jpg

13 hours ago, JimB said:

I will consider all reasonable offers

I apologize for not reading the for-sale rules. I have never sold anything through this site.

A friend (works at a restoration shop) said if I put the carpet, ring and pinion in He said he could get me $10,000.00

Sitting as is I would like to get $8,000.00 But like I said it is negotiable.