Ba 10 - ax15 swap problems

So I recently just did the swap from rwd to fwd for the moment lol. After reading all the post about the swap I could things went pretty smooth. The Novak adapters pilot bushing came in a little small so that sucked after spending 25$ on the part and 60$ shipping. I used a wheel cylinder home to hone  it out 9thou. l712D932D-D672-4D20-9EF3-1C638C08C78C.jpeg.158ce2905f7a9969cac18f3fac875c69.jpeg0F2F1016-2F5C-47A5-91C5-4B0F411C065A.jpeg.77b198ba372ed0ec3b50d65d6f5643c2.jpegproblem solved. then when I orderd my new slave for the external style I didn’t know the fitting was different. So do laugh I know jb  welded a brake line into it. I did drill and grind the fitting rubber print washer is in but we’ll see how it goes1958C5DB-6E0F-4591-AB3D-73F9447CE7A0.jpeg.d3b5cb1f797e0e584c3949d106de6c7e.jpeg2 weeks of driving in -40 and it’s still holding 😬

my questions are 

1: the rear drive shaft. I need to shorten it, the local and only shop near me says about 250$ plus I’ll need to put new  u-joints in after. I’ve watched allot of vids on making my own I’m a pretty good welding  is it that hard or do? drive line mechanics just make it seem that way. and the rubber outer layer thing on the drive shaft can I just cut it back a bunch?

2: extending the Speedo cable. I’m on a really tight budget. I make less than 1000$ a month in the winter so I don’t want to just go buy a new longer on and no wreckers are anywhere near me (4hr away) can I just order one of these? Or a specific one I haven’t found yet?3C1694C4-0A6D-48D7-8F23-8BB6F98B04CA.png.ba488de9af2e72817852269db371a8b0.png thanks to everyone on this site allot of questions have been answered by ready hours of posts sorry if this was coverd somewhere

cutting and welding is one thing.  balancing the shaft is whole other thing. an unbalanced shaft can ruin other, far more expensive things. :(  I wouldn't pay 250 just to end up with stock shaft again, but rather I'd get a new shaft from Dennys or Adams.  way stronger. :D 

also you shouldn't be cutting the rubber end, but rather the solid end.  :L: 

speedo can be skipped altogether if you're on a tight budget.  just use your phone's GPS to figure out what rpm in what gear equals the basic speeds.  it's real easy once you get used to it.  my 88 still doesn't have a working speedo. :laugh:

I’m use ing my phone for the speed right now and I still have the dummy dash in the truck which has to change. But I do like to have the odometer work for maintenance reasons and to keep track of motor life. She is at 368000 km right now. So I wasn’t sure if the 12 dodge cable would just extend my cable 

On 1/28/2024 at 12:10 PM, Cron said:

I’m use ing my phone for the speed right now and I still have the dummy dash in the truck which has to change. But I do like to have the odometer work for maintenance reasons and to keep track of motor life. She is at 368000 km right now. So I wasn’t sure if the 12 dodge cable would just extend my cable 

Cable attachments are surprisingly standard.  If you need to connect a weird cable to the dash, I'd get a short cruise control cable that attached between the dash and the speed sensor, then acquire an AMC cruise control speed sensor to connect it to the cable coming up from the T case.  The cruise control sensor has a 5/8-18 thread.  They also have adapters to convert the 5/8-18 thread to 7/8-18.