New toy for the truck

Rokhound

Kinda of a sad day at the ranch on one hand but on the other I got a new toy for my truck. I let the 88 go for the trail so end the end I think it will work out ok. I don’t know much about it other than the fact it need some braces to stiffen it up a bit. But one plus side it does have brakes on both axles. The front axle is hooked up so I wouldn’t think that it would be hard to get the rear hook up. So now it is going to set there until I can get some tie down and stuff.

What do you guys like to use chains or straps and why. I like the straps to save on weight.

I found this and I think it would be the way to go:

http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/product/79/1

Nice... :D

Man...I am so glad that i don't have to deal with snow any more ;)

That tie down kit is great. I have been thinking about getting that too as I know a couple people that have them and I have seen them. Very easy to use and secure.

cool do they look strong if you no what i mean.

Is there any way you could post some upclose pic of the axle straps there web site does not have any close up pics :nuts:

Yah, as soon as I get my little ones down for bed, I'll take some pics... WooHoo... exciting New Years Eve for me... jamminz.gif

I use chains, but the co-owner of the trailer 'borrows' them from his employer. If I buy him out, or get this other trailer I'm looking at, I'm going straps. Just to drop the 400 or so lbs of weight carrying all that crap around equals to.