Jack Handle Stowage CLIP 34202362

schardein

After learning that these clips were used under the headliner for the wiring harness in XJs, I finally found a couple early XJs to look through.  Sure enough, one had 3 and the other had 2.

Sharing these with the community.  Asking $5 per to cover shipping and a bubble envelope.  

MJ jack handle clip.png

353417501_3472400513038135_4962306882388688641_n.jpg

28 minutes ago, 91Pioneer said:

Where exactly? I looked at one at a junkyard one time but couldn't see it. Like you have to take the inner hatch panel off? You have to remove the headliner?

You have to remove the long panel and the two D-pillar panels to lower the headliner and once the headliner is lowered, the clips should be right there holding a washer hose and probably some wiring. I had a pic of it some where from Chunk. But it’s not a great pic of where they’re exactly at. 

26 minutes ago, 91Pioneer said:

Where exactly? I looked at one at a junkyard one time but couldn't see it. Like you have to take the inner hatch panel off? You have to remove the headliner?

Open the rear hatch.  Remove the headliner trim at the top/rear of the cargo area.  On early rigs it is a metal molding with like 6 screws.  I think later ones were plastic with less screws.  You have to pull the headliner down to get at the clips (don't ruin a good headliner board).  There is a wiring harness that runs from the passenger side to the driver side.  There are 3 clips there.  My 1993 XJ has them.  An 88 and a 91 had them.  But a 96 XJ I checked in a junkyard did not.  So I think they stopped using them between 93 and 96.  See pic.

Happy hunting.  If you want one of mine, just cover shipping to Canada.

MJ Comanche on 1993 XJ markup.jpeg

Archived