Bench Seat Springs

1990 MJ 4.0L aw4

My bench seat is difficult to adjust so I looked underneath and the passenger side spring is missing. It is the large spring on the outside of the rail. The one on the driver's side OK. Does anyone know of a source for the spring or where to get a suitable replacement ?

Thanks

Schardein, Yes that looks like the same spring. It is on the outside on the MJ bench rail frame. I also found out I am missing the rollers inside the rail

slide on the passenger side. Not sure how they would fall out. You would have to completely disassemble the rail slide to remove them.  I have not had the truck long and I am constantly finding weird things. It would be helpful to know if XJ bucket parts are the same.

8 minutes ago, Dandxj said:

Schardein, Yes that looks like the same spring. It is on the outside on the MJ bench rail frame. I also found out I am missing the rollers inside the rail

slide on the passenger side. Not sure how they would fall out. You would have to completely disassemble the rail slide to remove them.  I have not had the truck long and I am constantly finding weird things. It would be helpful to know if XJ bucket parts are the same.

I'll take a look tomorrow 

On 3/16/2023 at 10:23 PM, Dandxj said:

Here are a couple pics.  First is an early XJ "rocker" seat base.  Second is a regular XJ seat base.  I thought I had some MJ seat bases to make a side by side comparison, but I couldn't find them- think I sold them.

IMG_1073.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

I found a JY which had a 96 XJ and went to get a seat base. The base and mounting locations are different from earlier XJs. They looked the same

as on a 97+ XJ. Does anyone know when the switch was made ?  I will keep looking as I am still in need of the track rollers and retaining clips.