Renix Speedometer issues

I am having a unique issue with my speedometer. The previous owner had put on the Azzy's Design gauge faces. They look good but I I think he messed up the speedometer. My odometer works great and milage is accurate according to the mile markers on the road. The issue is with my speed. When I am doing 25 (according to the gps) my speedo reads 30. And when doing 60 (gps) it reads 62. Seems like the faster I go the more accurate it is. Any one have a fix for this?

Yes I corrected the speedometer gear when I got it. P.O. had put 31's on the truck but had not changed the speedometer gear. According to all the charts online line of speedometer gears I have the right one. It is an 28 tooth gear. (3.07 gears). I tried the 27 tooth as well but the 28 seems to be more accurate on the milage.

My guess is the p.o. took off the needles to change the faces and put them back in wrong... Been there, done that, and it's a p.i.t.a. to get it right. In my town there's a street with a digital speed sign/radar, so I used that, with lots of trial and error, to put my needle back properly.

• 1 month later...