Well control box connectors?

m2bandit

Every time we lose power our well control box fries a little more. I managed to clean it up this time but I'm hoping I can replace just the connector on the terminal block before it's completely toast. Right now it's looking as burnt up as an MJ HVAC connector.

Does anyone know what these connectors are called or if you can even get them?

I found a replacement terminal block but they want $80 which seems crazy when the whole box is $100.

The bit on top of the connector is female for a male spade that's on the lid.

IMG_3127.JPG.1ad2d85b42f786177c67eb9f2a7d081f.JPG

Dumb question, with the disclaimer that I’m not an electrician and don’t know much or anything about well wiring, but if all that burnt connection is doing is connecting two wires together, could you not just marette them?

I also wonder if it might not be hooked up wrong or something. Or it it’s a result of a surge from the magnetic field in the pump motor collapsing, if you couldn’t put some form of surge protection in place. I just feel like it shouldn’t really be doing that, but again, not an electrician. 

1 hour ago, gogmorgo said:

Dumb question, with the disclaimer that I’m not an electrician and don’t know much or anything about well wiring, but if all that burnt connection is doing is connecting two wires together, could you not just marette them?

I also wonder if it might not be hooked up wrong or something. Or it it’s a result of a surge from the magnetic field in the pump motor collapsing, if you couldn’t put some form of surge protection in place. I just feel like it shouldn’t really be doing that, but again, not an electrician. 

There's a big capacitor in the door, maybe that's related to the overload during a power outage.

It's also the reason I don't really want to modify anything. It may be the reason they use the door as the connecting mechanism so people don't electrocute themselves.

I'm pretty new to home electrical. I might be over cautious.