New to the group - 88 resto

Hope I'm in the right place as this is my first post. Here is my 88 Comanche 4.0 liter, auto, pretty base. Unfortunately it is 2wd. It's practically rusty free with 150k miles and everything is straight on it, no signs of abuse which is what I wanted. I plan on doing a 4wd swap or a body swap. This is new to me and the first vehicle I've ever restored so any advice is appreciated. Here are some pictures of it so far! I have the seat and headliner getting reupholstered now so I'm sealing up the floor and replacing that vinyl floor. 

I am having trouble finding little things - good mirrors, triangle piece on the A pillar at mirror, interior lights, etc... 

PXL_20220904_204728170.jpg.56a3afaad08e1b84b9b129128a9a3db2.jpg

PXL_20220802_212623912.jpg

PXL_20220802_212635552.jpg

PXL_20220802_224625602.jpg

PXL_20220911_191756777.jpg

PXL_20220911_233426704.jpg

PXL_20220802_212650193.jpg

thats a great starting point you won't be wasting time and energy on rust repair. factory rubber floor is kinda rare i believe, its probably what saved the floors. good luck with the project I'm also doing a 2wd-4wd swap on my 90, I'm using a XJ cherokee as a donor for all the parts, seems like the cheapest way to go.

33 minutes ago, motownXJdad said:

thats a great starting point you won't be wasting time and energy on rust repair. factory rubber floor is kinda rare i believe, its probably what saved the floors. good luck with the project I'm also doing a 2wd-4wd swap on my 90, I'm using a XJ cherokee as a donor for all the parts, seems like the cheapest way to go.

The rubber flooring isn't particularly rare. It's just what the base model trucks had instead of carpet.

Welcome to the group and nice find. I’m fairly new to this club also.  Learning so much more about them so if your like me you’ll restore in the day and check out all the great threads at night. Also put your VIN on the year page and it will tell ya all your truck came with.  Read Pete’s info first and it will walk you through it.  

3 hours ago, Bezerk1 said:

Welcome to the group and nice find. I’m fairly new to this club also.  Learning so much more about them so if your like me you’ll restore in the day and check out all the great threads at night. Also put your VIN on the year page and it will tell ya all your truck came with.  Read Pete’s info first and it will walk you through it.  Oops it’s auto man 2164 info under register

• 2 weeks later...