1996 Toyota Estima Lucida (JDM narrow body Previa)

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm an idiot.

Instead of another MJ, this past Saturday I picked up a JDM 1996 Toyota Estima Lucida (highest trim level: G Luxury) with only 39,000 miles on it in Seattle.

One owner, climate controlled garaged, non-city parked, right hand drive, mid-engined, 4WD, dual sunroof, 2nd row rotating seats, side fold 3rd row, rear air, parking sonar (that works!), rear parking mirror, yellow fogs, OEM Toyota corner bumper guards and window deflectors, blah de blah blah. Sold from Toyota Corolla Store Tokyo if the rear decal is correct.

It has the same drivetrain as the USDM non-supercharged Previa, which is to say it won't win many races.

It's my first JDM and the opportunity presented itself.

Be gentle with me LOL

Lucida 3 07162022.png

Lucida front.jpg

Lucida interior 1.jpg

Lucida odo 07162021.jpg

Lucida G Luxury.jpg

Huge fan of these Japanese beans. There's an old hispanic dude near my work that has a supercharged awd Previa and I've thought a few times about trying to flag him down and ask what he'd take for it lol.

This one looks to be an amazing example. Congrats on the purchase!!

7 hours ago, Pete M said:

I'd wax it up and take it to car shows. :D 

We have an appointment in a early August for ceramic coating.

In the meantime, there's a few minor leaks to address; radiator hoses are original and the valve cover gasket is making itself known to need a replacement. The engine is under the front seats and at a 75 degree angle so that will be a barrel of fun to do from underneath.

The power steering rack is also seeping and sourcing another RHD rack looks to be a challenge. There's a good number of them that made it to the UK so matching part numbers up with an auto breaker there may be in order.