caster how much?

photorg8.jpg

photorg8.0ee27a9844.jpg

looks like 12-13*

here is my caster angle. :oops: I'm pretty sure thats not good. so i think my only option is to get adj. uca's isnt that the only way ill get it to 5-7* i currently have adj. lowers

hhmmmm i wonder if this may be part of my death wobble?

It even looks like your caster is going the wrong way. If you look at CW's caster, its on the left side of the 0* mark...yours is on the right :dunno:

if i was on the other tire it would be the other way like his. I'm on the drivers side on the outside of the tire looking in.

You need to shorten your LCA's or get longer adjustable UCA's.

i need a 2nd mortgage :D your right, ill go with the adj. uppers. it looks like my tire is dead center in the wheel well. if i make the uppers longer will it just rotate the axle? or will it still push the tire forward more. this is if i don't touch the lowers.

Thanks man!

But you'll learn plenty doing what your doing!! Ask the question, do the project your self with some friends and the guidance provided here. I have learned allot form the guys on here as well!! Being a bit older than most members here, also helps. I guess you could say, I am approaching, the been there and done that part of my life. :roll:

Here is something to wrap you brain around: You don't know, what you don't know until you know it.

CW

Since we're on the caster topic, I checked my caster on top of the ball joint. I'm reading 3.5* on the left, 4* on the right, a bit low. Anyone swap in adjustable arms and have any LCA shims left over? I'd like to get the caster back up to 6-7 degrees. Thanks, Don

Since we're on the caster topic, I checked my caster on top of the ball joint. I'm reading 3.5* on the left, 4* on the right, a bit low. Anyone swap in adjustable arms and have any LCA shims left over? I'd like to get the caster back up to 6-7 degrees. Thanks, Don

Ill have some in about a week if u can wait. Ive got upper adj. Coming this week so ill pull the lower shims out when i adjust them at the same time i do my uppers. I have adh lowers

Ill have some in about a week if u can wait. Ive got upper adj. Coming this week so ill pull the lower shims out when i adjust them at the same time i do my uppers. I have adh lowers

I can wait :D many thanks :cheers: whenever you're ready.

I would personally set it so it is 5* and 5.5*. That should still maintain a decent pinion angle.

I would personally set it so it is 5* and 5.5*. That should still maintain a decent pinion angle.

In the parts manual, the only two caster shims offered by the factory were .9mm and 4.0mm thick. Since I'm only needing an increase of about 2* caster, so which shims or combination of shims world be good for the first shot? Would like to do this just once... :D

In the parts manual, the only two caster shims offered by the factory were .9mm and 4.0mm thick. Since I'm only needing an increase of about 2* caster, so which shims or combination of shims world be good for the first shot? Would like to do this just once... :D

I would try a thick one first. It should be about right.

I would try a thick one first. It should be about right.

Thanks TNT.

hornbrod,

not sure which ones i have, thick or thin. ill measure them when i pull em out and let you know.

No need to measure them, just look at them the difference is pretty dramatic. I probably have a bunch out in the garage.

I know I have both sizes in the garage if you need some.

Would definitely like a pair of each if you got em TNT.

I'll check in the morning after my weekly run to the auto recycler. :cheers: