vent windows

On this subject, is it possible to swap in a vent window assembly? My truck doesn't have them but I picked up a set of doors that do.(mine are rigid & do not open) I was just gonna repaint the doors & swap them out, but if a window swap is possible then.......

yeah, there is a pin, no allen screw. i can't remember the correct name for this type of pin, but i think you're correct to push that out and that probably allows you to spin off the latch handle. then just replace it with a new one. i think it's just called a pressure pinion. still would like to hear from someone who knows for sure before i go hacking it trying that.

yeah, there is a pin, no allen screw. i can't remember the correct name for this type of pin, but i think you're correct to push that out and that probably allows you to spin off the latch handle. then just replace it with a new one. i think it's just called a pressure pinion. still would like to hear from someone who knows for sure before i go hacking it trying that.

It's called a rolled drift pin and you need the correct punch to drive it out. It's either 1/8" or 1/16".

On this subject, is it possible to swap in a vent window assembly? My truck doesn't have them but I picked up a set of doors that do.(mine are rigid & do not open) I was just gonna repaint the doors & swap them out, but if a window swap is possible then.......

ya its pretty easy. if you plan on doing this somewhere warm let me know and i'll help ya...lol i still have a new one in the factory box out in the shed..hehe

Got it. Pm returned.

Thanks Stumpy. I may need some of your parts as well.I need to look at them again because I think the pass. side was siliconed shut & the handle was missing. I didn't care because the price was right & I just wanted to open the drivers side vent to get some air in during summer....although I haven't given up on breathing life back into the a/c system yet.

I probably won't mess with it again until the weather warms up, like next June ;)