1991-1992 MJ tail light harness connector, for making trailer harness

schardein

This connector is from a 93 ZJ, it is the same as a 1991-92 MJ tail light harness connector.  You can use this to make your own trailer wiring harness without having to cut into the factory MJ harness.  The ZJ uses a different pinout.  I have moved the wires to create the correct pinout for an MJ, although the wire colors won't be a match to the MJ harness.

$20 shipped from Success, MO 65570.

IMG_4168.jpeg

IMG_4169.jpeg

IMG_4170.jpeg

IMG_4171.jpeg

IMG_4172.jpeg

On 1/29/2022 at 1:04 PM, 500 MJ said:

Curious where the connector is located on the ‘93 ZJ? Does it serve for the rear tail lights as well? 

Yes.  Tail light harness connector located driver side rear, under the body.  Pin out is different, one wire needs to be moved to match the MJ pin out.  My research shows some 94 GC may have it also.

I haven't verified this on the truck, but according to the FSM, this is the MJ tail light pinout.  As I mentioned above, the GC wire colors are different.

MJ tail light harness connector pinout.jpeg

3 hours ago, ExpatMJGuy said:

Wasn't this the connector someone used to make a trailer light harness?

This connector is for 91-92 trucks.  To my knowledge, no one is currently offering a pre-made one based off this part, yet.

The 1987-1990 connector is different, can be found on some models of Cadillacs in the engine compartment, and is offered pre-made by a member here (or was at one time, and may have been offered by more than one?)

1986 uses a different connector as well.

87-90 MJ tail light harness connector.png

86 MJ tail light harness connector.png

91-92 MJ tail light harness connector.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived