leaf spring swap

Does anyone know if leaf springs from other vehicles fit our trucks? And I mean the whole spring, not just a couple leafs. Mainly s10, dakota, ranger, Silverado 1500?

Looking into some calvert monoleafs and of course no jeep, the above vehicles are the only lights pickups they make for.  Could it be as simple as just finding some with the correct length specs?

No other vehicles are the same length of spring. I've been looking into it myself. Closest you'll get to the measurements (A/B, 26/31) is old GM 1-ton (A/B, 26/30) or late 90's/early 00s Dodge Ram (A/B, 26/32). Both will affect the shackle angle. The Dodge springs might work though. Tough to say as no one has tried yet. Of course if you had an adjustable shackle bracket like from Ironrock it wouldn't matter...

The 2nd variable is spring height. Comanche's are just over 10", but only about 1.5" thick. So you'd need a couple more leafs to reach the same height. I think Dodge are 2-11/16" thick but like 7" tall.

Do you need it for support to the stock pack? If so, I would recommend picking up either and chopping off the eyes to put under the main. Either one is like $60 at a JY.

Not more support. I'm looking to drop the weight of a full leaf pack and my slapper bars. ideally I would run the calvert mono and their caltracks. I can save ALOT of dead weight back there.  

I found that early rangers are 25(5/8)/31 lengths with the comache's 26/31 which is the closest I found.  The rangers are also similar in shape but alot less arch than the jeeps but that could work out in my favor so I can ditch my lowering blocks.  Its just alot of money to drop on something that might not work. But thats been par for the course with this build on alot of things lol. 

My other option is to have custom fiberglass ones made but i would rather the calverts

I think you could technically get away with any year Ranger if you're okay with ~.25" less in length. I'd honestly see if a local JY has any then and test it out for a much lower cost. They're $45/ea near me fwiw. 1/10th of the price of the monos.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:52 PM, PocketsEmptied said:

I think you could technically get away with any year Ranger if you're okay with ~.25" less in length. I'd honestly see if a local JY has any then and test it out for a much lower cost. They're $45/ea near me fwiw. 1/10th of the price of the monos.

Yeah being in the northeast is tough for junkyard parts. Everything is always so rotted out and older vehicles are basically non existent. 

I'm still torn on using the monos as I like being able to use the jeep to haul stuff. If I go this route it really will be only a street truck.