Murphy, N.C.

Confedneck

going up for christmas to visit the wifes folks, dec 22-28th, hopefully have my MJ on a trailer if all goes well, any wheeling near there? if i don't get the MJ done (will still have 31x10.5x15 dueler a/t's anyway) anyone gonna be ridin that i could meet up with and go?? lemme know, would like to do some cold weather ridin... don't mind haulin straps at all

The Upper Tellico OHV is located right up the road from Murphy and if you go to Blairsville, GA Beasley Knob OHV is right on the outskirts of town :cheers: you will be at the best rockcrawling in the Eastern US

If you go to Tellico take trail 1 to trail 4 and take it around to trail 8 up trail 9 (trail 9 is where the obstacle named Slickrock, is located) take trail 9 up to trail 8 and back down to trail 4 and backtrack yourself out or take trail 5 back out to trail 1. Trail 1 is just a dirt road. That will take you most of the day to do on 31's, just take your time and work your way through. You won't even need a winch if you can drive :D

here's a map for ya to print out

http://www.tellico4x4.com/map1.htm

Nah, you can make it. Every trail at Tellico isn't that bad. If you take a 30 minute trip down to Blairsville and go to Beasley Knob you won't have many rocks there, it's mostly just an easy drive in the woods. Well, it was the last time I was there anyways :D

I found some pictures taken at Beasley Knob today, this is about as bad as it gets there. There is one ledge that you might not be able to go up but you can go down it with no problem. It's a beautiful area.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found[/img]

confedneck this is Superman from FJOA. Shoot YellowXJ (Travis) a PM on FJOA. His shop is on spur 60 (murphy hwy) about 15 minutes south of Murphy and 45 minutes from Tellico. He'd probably show you all over up there.

It is an awesome place up there. Gorgeous nearly everywhere you go and great wheeling.

It is an awesome place up there. Gorgeous nearly everywhere you go and great wheeling.

Any wheeling near there!? To be sure! Tellico is the best of the east.

Check S4WDA for updates on the proposed closures of trails 2-7-9 and everything Tellico.

I may be able to make an end of year run also. Post up when you're headed this way. I'm a few hours S.E. just over the NC/SC border.

http://www.sfwda.org/