Driveshaft for lifted truck

My truck is lifted and the rear driveshaft is too short.  There are two options I am considering right now, although I am open to other ideas.  I would like to hear what you all think I should do.

Option 1: ~$150 Have the existing drive shaft lengthened by my local driveshaft shop

Option 2: ~&750 Order a Slip Yoke Eliminator and custom driveshaft from Oliver driveshafts

I have been thinking one day I might install a Dana 44 in the rear which might then need a different length driveshaft, in which case maybe I am better off just to lengthen the current one.

Thoughts?

the shop I went to charged me 45 for the shaft 45 for mount and balance and 60 for U joints. What it looks like he did was chopped the ends off and just welded a new tube in. works great for me going to need to take both shafts back when I run dual tcases. Since its an lwb shaft I really have no use for a SYE other than strength or whatever

How much additional length do you need? If you are going to be changing the rear axle in the future, I would spend as little as possible now. If you only need an inch or so, the front yoke from a YJ rear driveshaft is supposed to be enough longer than an XJ/MJ yoke to make up that difference. That's probably cheaper than having a driveshaft custom modified.

• 3 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

So I had my driveshaft extended, it cost a little more ($300) because they also replaced the u-joints. But I wanted to mention the truck runs unbelievably better, even the shifting is smoother. The engine used to bog down a little under 2k rpm. Now it runs strong, it's like a new vehicle, all from a driveshaft. Money well spent.