Finally started damn CPS!

Check the CPS took it off and sure enough she was ground down to nothing. so figuring this was the problem changed her with the only extra one i HAD my old one I had replaced, but still didn't start. So junk too I guess so when get new one I shall try it then I guess. So this sounding right so far to everyone being this problem of not wanting to start being the CPS? I hope so ready to burn this damn truck.

Fly wheel is good , the problem was the bolts that were in it was not the right ones. One had not on back side which was the one I lost. Vibe problems due to old mount. The other bolt was a grade 8 bolt screwed in tight but not all the way but held it in place. That was the problem was getting to it and then finding the right bolts to fit it. So I guess to answer the question it was ground down due to one bolts holding it in but allowing it to flop down against the fly wheel. So was going to use zip ties. :brows:

I should have a couple of the CPS screws here among all the parts, say the word and I'll sent you 1 or 2 you need. I have your address from the last time ;)

Don't want to see you grinding down them "cheep" CPS's And this could be your NO start problem all along.

I should have a couple of the CPS screws here among all the parts, say the word and I'll sent you 1 or 2 you need. I have your address from the last time ;)

Don't want to see you grinding down them "cheep" CPS's And this could be your NO start problem all along.

The Word! jamminz.gif

Well after being up all night searching for answers and thinking maybe the computer, I checked the ballister thingy and jumped the wires then adjusted the distributor and the cps with the new bolts from Wild man jamminz.gif and she started to fire up but rough, so tweak distributor until she purred and also kicked the tires twice around to start her in motion. Took her down the road and well lets say she's no longer for sale. jamminz.gif So thinking over all it was the CPS, but once it was changed it had troubles with that damn resistor so going to pick that up tomorrow at the parts store. Thanks for all the help and advice guys.

jamminz.gif :cheers: :cheers: :bowdown: :D :thumbsup:

Well that good to hear :D

So, your not going to burn it, and I can't buy it off you for scrap price :roll:

I'll have to "quote" JTDesign here------K.I.S.S.

:jump:

Roger- glad to hear you got it up and running, it's running rough now, how fresh is the gas in the tank??? Your MJ's been sitting couple months now right???

The Ballistic resistor you need is- GP Sorensen #GCR7

And Glad I could help you out :brows:

No running good was rough but that was when I was playing with the distributor and she runs good now added some injector cleaner to it as well as anti-frezze. So she good. Bought damn time too. Ticking me off. But yeah so getting another Jeep on the 24th so can park her then to do engine rebuild and Ax-15 put back in. jamminz.gif

I want to go back to the beginning of this for a minute as I am experiencing the "hick-up" in the higher gears and an occasional high idle issue. I thought the IAC was the idle issue, but I changed that yesterday and it didn't help.

Did those prpoblems go away for you with the change of the CPS and resistor? Am I in for a CPS issue too?

Yeah issue went away but can't say to what I fixed exactly cause I fixed several things so to say one thing or another I can't. But this linked helped me some....

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Eng ... ostics.htm

http://members.cox.net/wilsond/Fixes/di ... CPSdetails

Found these in the the site when was up all night looking for answers. But If I was to say anything I would say the CPS it's such a touchy thing. So start there for sure, then when you checked it do it again, lol.