84-86 XJ Rear Leveling System

eaglescout526

Extreme long shot but I know you guys in the east coast seem to have some older XJs floating around but I am on the hunt for a Shock Absorber leveling kit/system. I’ll post a pic of the diagram when I get home but basically the system consists of a compressor and wiring to air up the shocks. I do not know how it works right now but I’ll figure it out in the FSM. Model years it seems to have been for 84-86 XJs but I suspect it fits the AMC Eagle as well since the model years for the set up is 80-88(Eagles run). 

Full graphic:

image.png.1ba2d695c0d910800d54f33435bf0f9d.png

The compressor I am after:

image.png.9deeeb817b77f3b49d5e292a2c036d62.png

So are these like air shocks for the rear? Of course, there are plenty of other parts a cocoa red, but I’m trying to wrap my head around what it is. I know there was something like that for the Eagles with the higher towing capacity. If you can confirm they are the same between Eagle and XJ, I can post in the Eagle FB groups. 

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

So are these like air shocks for the rear? Of course, there are plenty of other parts a cocoa red, but I’m trying to wrap my head around what it is. I know there was something like that for the Eagles with the higher towing capacity. If you can confirm they are the same between Eagle and XJ, I can post in the Eagle FB groups. 

I think they are the same. I don't posses and Eagle parts book so I have no absolute way of telling if they’re the same. Which’s reminds me I’ll update my post with some pics. 

7 minutes ago, Red Mistress said:

I've got bits of the kit, haven't seen them in over 15 years !

air overload springs 27.02
air shock hardware kit  

AMC tire accessory inflation kit air pump

Neat! All I have at the moment is just the shocks. Both front and rear. I can’t imagine this being too hard to find in the aftermarket world and rigging it up to work like factory. 

Maybe there’s one lingering back east.