Looking for a little bit of direction here. I'm in the middle of my ls swap and my next hurdle is shifter linkage. 

I'm aware of floor shifters, and I'm not against that, but then I would be changing out steering columns to delete the shifter handle.

I'm interested if anyone here has come up with any solutions for making the stock column shifter work- part numbers of longer shifter cable (or make model of donor), I could do a lot with pictures of your cable and routing. 

looking for some direction mainly. Thanks

I have been looking into this as well.  The biggest thing is getting the extra shift detent for the 4L60.  You need PRND321 but the stock column is PRND21 or PRND3L (the 1-2 is L for the AW4).

From what I gathered, you can cannibalize another GM column shift and swap over the parts you need.  I believe the column from a later 80s Chevy G20 van should work.  You do have to take the detent plate off the donor and put it in place of the one in the Jeep column.  That should get you all the shift positions.

Then from there you can use a Lokar universal shift cable to go from the column to the transmission.