JKU lift on MJ?

Does anyone know if JKU springs and shocks will fit a MJ?  I have new, stock 2018 JKU parts sitting in the garage and want to put a lift on the MJ, or at the minimum, replace the worn out parts.  Obviously I’d need to add a leaf in the rear to gain any lift.  Was wondering if anyone knows if these will fit and if it so, would I gain any height?  Thanks in advanced. 

5 minutes ago, CGCWO said:

I used a set of JK 2dr front coils on a 89MJ 2wd about 5 years ago gained about 2.5in in the front. 

Trying to find the build thread.

Did you use the shocks as well?  What did you do for the rear?  

5 minutes ago, COMANCH3 said:

Did you use the shocks as well?  What did you do for the rear?  

After going back through the old build thread, I see I used the JK coils 1.5inch spacers and Rustys shocks and a add-a-leaf in the rear.

11 minutes ago, CGCWO said:

After going back through the old build thread, I see I used the JK coils 1.5inch spacers and Rustys shocks and a add-a-leaf in the rear.

So safe to say the coils gave you about an inch lift?  Do you know if the shocks would fit?  What size tires did you run on it and was your 89 a 2.5L?

6 minutes ago, COMANCH3 said:

So safe to say the coils gave you about an inch lift?  Do you know if the shocks would fit?  What size tires did you run on it and was your 89 a 2.5L?

Yes and I ran general grabber AT 30 x 9.50 x 15s on Grand Cherokee Canyon wheels.

Not sure about the shock fitment.

It was a 2.5 4speed manual.

5 minutes ago, COMANCH3 said:

pretty much any shock will fit if you know the extended and collapsed lengths and it has an upper stud mount. The valving and travel will not likely be that great but it’s better than no shock.