XJ boomerang shackle question... need answers ASAP!

XJ shackles would normally drop an MJ half of an inch, so a 1-1/2" lift shackle should theoretically lift it 1".

Do you need the boomerang?

If you don't, I recommend these:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/mcg33037-d4.html

for a 1" or 2" lift depending on the setting you choose.

I use TNT 1.5" shackles on my MJ. There is no need for a boomerang schakle on a MJ. I took mine off of my XJ. I did redrill my mounting hole in the frame mount to increase the shackle angle for a better ride and increased droop.

The TNT shackles are well built and HD. Here's a pic.

Image Not Found

And no I'm not affilated with them I've been TNT on most Jeep boards since 2000.

XJ shackles would normally drop an MJ half of an inch, so a 1-1/2" lift shackle should theoretically lift it 1".

Do you need the boomerang?

If you don't, I recommend these:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/mcg33037-d4.html

for a 1" or 2" lift depending on the setting you choose.

I use TNT 1.5" shackles on my MJ. There is no need for a boomerang schakle on a MJ. I took mine off of my XJ. I did redrill my mounting hole in the frame mount to increase the shackle angle for a better ride and increased droop.

The TNT shackles are well built and HD. Here's a pic.

Image Not Found

And no I'm not affilated with them I've been TNT on most Jeep boards since 2000.

Well, I'm not sure if I need the boomerangs, what constitutes a need? I was directed to them after a discussion on Jeepforum... and did you mean to give a link to FS Chevy drop shackles :???: Again, I want to make sure that these are for use with the stock springs (well, they're aal, but whatever)

You don't need boomerang shackles. XJ's need them becausse replacement lift springs are longer and the shackle will hit the mount if boomerang shackles aren't used.

The link to the drop shacles is right. They use the same width springs and mounts but Chevy shackles mount are below the spring instead of above it.

Get the Chevy drop shackles for the price they are a great deal.

Yeah, Chevies have the suspension set up like this:

ramp1_rear_shackle.jpg

so a shackle that lowers them is longer than stock.

The dimensions are the same as our mounts and leaf widths, and factory Chevy shackles are the same length, so a Chevy drop shackle is a Comanche lift shackle.