Slow goin on the restore.

Can anyone give me a lead on window guides / wipes?

Another issue is finding a replacement bracket to remove the AC compressor.  I want to 86 it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I spent several hours removing various parts, gadgets, and extra wiring that was added on through the years.  Wow!  I forgot about some of this stuff.  I had stuff few of the guys here have ever seen.  How about a CB radio PA speaker?  Hydrogen generator?  Radar jammer?  Sneaky Pete?   I wish I could find all of the parts for the last Item.  It was fun!

You name it.  I tried it.  The hydrogen generator gave me 1 whole mpg more on the freeway.   Made her run like crap in the city.  It was a slow constant flow of hydrogen that didn't compensate for acceleration.  At 1 mpg more it would have taken 100k miles to pay for itself.  :(

The jammer did work on X and K bands.  Then they came out with jammer detectors!  Double  :(

17 minutes ago, Torq_Shep said:

I am 27... What is a Sneaky Pete? 

Best gadget I ever had (kind of).  90 HP mini NOS booster.  It was a "2 shot" nos cylinder,  a relay, rocker switch, and a throttle body spray jet / solenoid unit.  Unfortunately after awhile it weakened the fuel injector seals and we had an engine fire.  Thus the painted 8 ball on the hood.

6 hours ago, irieco said:

You name it.  I tried it.  The hydrogen generator gave me 1 whole mpg more on the freeway.   Made her run like crap in the city.  It was a slow constant flow of hydrogen that didn't compensate for acceleration.  At 1 mpg more it would have taken 100k miles to pay for itself.  :(

The jammer did work on X and K bands.  Then they came out with jammer detectors!  Double  :(

that 1mpg was in your head (or more specifically you were driving slightly different). :L:  the laws of thermodynamics won't let you get free energy.  not ever.  you have to burn gas to produce the electricity that separates out the hydrogen and oxygen.  and all along that path is loss due to friction and lost heat.  also the technique produces an teeny tiny amount of actual hydogen.  I'm old enough to remember all those fun snake oils  :D 

On 2/23/2021 at 2:36 PM, irieco said:

Another issue is finding a replacement bracket to remove the AC compressor.  I want to 86 it.

Anyone have info on my original questions?  Like what Dorman air conditioning bypass pulley I need for my 87 4.0?

Thanks Pete and Jim!  I also found some information that you can use the main AC bracket from a 91-01 XJ and then use a NAPA 

NOE 6601819 AC bypass pulley.  Supposedly the AC bracket holes line up with the Renix motor.  We shall see.  

Solid find on the door kit Jim.  Already ordered it.  I thought I was going have to do a JC Whitney hack job of it.

Thanks again.  Pushing forward.  Next step...being in California....Getting her smogged.

On 2/23/2021 at 2:36 PM, irieco said:

Anyone have info on my original questions?  Like what Dorman air conditioning bypass pulley I need for my 87 4.0?

13 hours ago, Pete M said:

that 1mpg was in your head (or more specifically you were driving slightly different). :L:  the laws of thermodynamics won't let you get free energy.  not ever.  you have to burn gas to produce the electricity that separates out the hydrogen and oxygen.  and all along that path is loss due to friction and lost heat.  also the technique produces an teeny tiny amount of actual hydogen.  I'm old enough to remember all those fun snake oils  :D 

; )  That was before I went to collage and took nuclear physics.  I always wondered why I had such a bad battery drain with a high output alternator.  :doh: