MJ OEM Rear Bumper repair

I had an unfortunate impact to the rear bumper of my on drivers side. The bumper is in fairly good shape and I thought about trying to repair it's cave in on left side just to left the support bracket and its dented in a good 3". I know the metal is in good shape not rusty in this part. I repaired this bumper before I put it on the vehicle last summer. It had some dings and a couple of rust holes. I've got a torch and tools but I don't have a press.  I guess I could cut it right there and straighten out and re weld it back in place. I kinda hate to do that but I guess it's one way. Anybody got any good hints on how to bring it back out?

On another note I pick up a bumper  just yesterday, its got some long rust holes slices in it. There not very wide but they are in middle of the bumper. Any good ideas of how to fill them? Of course I don't want to use bondo. I was thinking I could braze in some pieces behind the bumper and work it that way but I'm just guessing right now.  Just looking for some good Idea's.

For Pete who had got me to thinking about this, I thought it would be better to ask and answer your question over here rather than continue it over on the "Wanted side".

Mike

Mike

Remove the bumper and put the face of the bumper down on cement floor.  Heat the back of the dent with torch until it's cherry red then smack it with a good size hammer.  You might have to do this more than once.  You should be able to get most of the dent out this way; then you can use body filler to address any small imperfections.