1990 AW4 spline count

alright. I have a bit of a surprise here...

I had originally intended to use the drivetrain fromthe 90 cherokee I got in trade with my 86 and my 85 xj wagoneer, in the 4wd swap (in his 91) I'm doing for a guy in trade for a 73 J4000.

well, the 90 cherokee has an np242. I told the guy he'll have a part time 4wd in his truck, as he wanted. that's fine, I want the 242 for either the 3800 or my xj anyways. it's still a surprise though, I've been looking for a 242.

anyways, I'd like to know, what would be the spline count of the input shaft for the t-case on a 1990 aw4 4.0 cherokee? it should be 21 spline, and that makes getting an np231 not so fun. it does however make putting the 242 into an ax5-equipped MJ/XJ easy.

anyways, any insight would be great.

I can give him an np207 for the time being but will need to get a 231 swapped in there in the long run.

TNT concurs with you guys so that's a unanimous vote for 21 spline.

now, I need to either A get a 231 21 spline cheap right away, or put a 207 in for the moment.

I have a 231 21 spline in my MJ I would part with for your build.

TNT concurs with you guys so that's a unanimous vote for 21 spline.

now, I need to either A get a 231 21 spline cheap right away, or put a 207 in for the moment.

I have a 231 21 spline in my MJ I would part with for your build.

alright.

well, if I need it, I'll buy it from you. I probably will need it truth be told...I don't think I want to give him an np207 case just because he'll be using it and I'll have to swap it again later.

what would be the price for that?

sounds like I'm gonna be buying back half of that truck...