Brake and turn signal lights issue

Hey all. I have an 89 Comanche (automatic) and I recently replaced all exterior lights with LED equivalents.

My problem is when the lights switch is set either "parking" or "on", this happens:

1. Rear brake lights (always solid with or without pressing brake pedal) bulb 1157/2057.
  2. Rear turn signals (always solid with or without turn signals set to on) bulb 1157/2057.
  3. Front turn signals under headlights (always solid with or without turn signals set to on) bulb 1157/2057.
  4. Front side marker lights (always solid but not sure if this are supposed to be turn signals also) bulb 194.

The backup/reverse light functions as it should (off unless in reverse) bulb 1156/7506.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?

• Not changed the title to Brake and turn signal lights issue

@MiNi Beast: Thank you!

Do I need one led flasher for each light or just one led flasher for all?

Would this also work for the brake lights that don't get brighter when the brake is pressed?

Double check your bulbs and sockets also. It is very common for the contacts to get fouled or shorted and cause these problems. I went LED’s then switched back to conventional bulbs for all but the reverse lights. Didn’t like the brightness in a set of nos taillights. Made it look a bit odd but I wasn’t using the red/amber LEDs which would have probably looked much better. @MiNi Beast is right, you need an led flasher or you can also use an led ballast resistor to increase the load. Note that an LED flasher is not the same as just an electric flasher which most parts stores have on the shelf. The led flasher is a digital mechanism that doesn’t rely on the load of the circuit “flash”.