97 AX-15 in a Renix MJ

This is a parts list and things that you will need to do in order to swap an AX-15 out of a 97 Cherokee into an 89 MJ. I can get a list of part numbers if they are wanted

AX-15 (duh)

Both the Peugeot and AX-15 transfer case. You will need to use the slip yoke in the end of the Peugeot transfer case on the AX-15 transfer case in order to use your current drive shaft

94-96 clutch master cylinder, hydraulic line, and slave cylinder (the mounting holes are not the same on a 97+ master cylinder)

All of the 97 clutch stuff (if I remember correctly)

I ordered a flywheel for a 1990 MJ (AX-15, but still a Renix MJ)

So, to go from my BA10/5 in my '87, I am going to have to change the master cylinder when I go to an external slave cylinder? I need to rebuild the transmission first, and was planning on doing research before I did the swap, but what the heck, may as well start now. Or let you do it...

2 hours ago, BeatCJ said:

So, to go from my BA10/5 in my '87, I am going to have to change the master cylinder when I go to an external slave cylinder? I need to rebuild the transmission first, and was planning on doing research before I did the swap, but what the heck, may as well start now. Or let you do it...

I used my old master with the new slave and joined the lines together with a brass compression fitting.  you canNOT use pressure fittings on brake lines due to the insane pressures and for safety reasons, but the clutch sees far less pressure (and no one dies if you can't shift). 

13992327.jpg

7 hours ago, BeatCJ said:

The way I look at it, if you are going to do it, you might as well do it and replace stuff while it is relatively easy. In my case, the engine was out too, so it wasn’t much work.