1988 tan headliner

By “headliner” I assume you mean the foam-backed fabric.  That’s available from multiple vendors on eBay in a variety of colors, as is the spray adhesive used to attach it to the backer board.

The backer board that supports the foam (and is made from some fiberglass like material) is unique to the MJ vehicle.  You might be able to adapt one from an XJ (this is what I did).  Others on this forum might have a line on an original MJ backer board.

Idk about backing board but you can call SMS auto fabrics and ask for a sample of headliner material tell them your interior color and they will send you the correct color. mine matches perfectly, it is spendy at about 85 bucks a yard except you only need about a yard.

SMS has a post in the Vendors subforum of the classifieds you can check out. :L:   (at least I think you can.  can't remember what all the restrictions are for new accounts.  either way with 9 more replies the entirety of the classifieds will open up to you  :D )

42 minutes ago, Pete M said:

(at least I think you can.  can't remember what all the restrictions are for new accounts.  either way with 9 more replies the entirety of the classifieds will open up to you  :D )

why is it set up like that?