Comanche trailers.

On 11/28/2020 at 6:50 PM, Strokermjcomanche said:

I have the final product , but maybe Automan2164 or Neohic can give you the best pointers as they know it from the beginning. 

IMG_1630.JPG

What axle beam is that?  I wasnt able to find anything by searching for, what looks like 4317833

10 hours ago, Big Dan said:

What axle beam is that?  I wasnt able to find anything by searching for, what looks like 4317833

That was an axle I picked up at a local trailer supply place. I had them order the width I wanted in a 5000(?)# unit. 

• 5 months later...

So the bed came in from the cold, put it on jackstands, got the leaves back under it, used my stock XJ shackles leftover from the silver jeep since someone cut one of the MJ shackles at the junkyard....dammit. If I need more clearance I'll just buy some XJ lift shackles to get it back to the MJ length or some more. 

IMG_3130.jpg

Then since I don't have tail lights I played around with a set of 2500 tail lights that Ive had forever, someone else did this and it looked ok so I thought I would try it. I can make it work but its not a real easy job to make them fit, lots of cutting and not good mounting options.

IMG_3132.jpg
IMG_3133.jpg
IMG_3134.jpg

I also got the flares I've had awhile for possible use on my MJ, since these are the painted flares, and tossed em on the bed since those were also pulled before I had a chance to grab it:

IMG_3135.jpg

So then I went and bought steel, 11g 3x3, and some 3" wide 1/8 strap. the inside of the Mj frame rail is almost exactly 3 1/8". 

IMG_3141.jpg
IMG_3142.jpg

New welder ready for action:
64187072281__80933B69-CA79-4AA8-AF55-381

Tacked it into place:
IMG_3148.jpg

Trying push vs pull:
IMG_3151.jpg

Ok not perfect welding, but so much better than the stick welder. 
IMG_3153.jpg

So this will slide in, and then get plug welds from the frame sides and the end of the frame welded where its sticking out of the inside to the new bar. 
IMG_3156.jpg
IMG_3157.jpg

• 1 year later...