fl/pass fuse?

Hey thanks tj,,, I was racking my brain trying to figure it out..

flash to pass, huh,,,,,

I don't get it. So it goes to the head lights, and lets you flick you lights??

I wonder why that would need a fuse just for that and not go thorough the headlight relay?

I bet it has something to do with the 20 year old switch it uses,, 100% the same type of switch as my 76 jeep cj-7s switch had..

Is there a relay that goes with it, separate from the main headlight relay?

So,, if that fuse is out I won't be able to pull the bright selector on the column with the headlights off to make the lights flash on bright?

Hummmm...... Let me check it out right quick.

No, your head lights will work correct, it's a added "convience" so when the truck passes you, you can let him know it's OK to pull in front of you when your headlights are not on, from the "pull" switch. Your head light will work the same as they should, being fed thru the relay, in the engine bay box, direct hot all the time.

I don't think this was added until '88 or '89???

Any one know??

No, your head lights will work correct, it's a added "convience" so when the truck passes you, you can let him know it's OK to pull in front of you when your headlights are not on, from the "pull" switch. Your head light will work the same as they should, being fed thru the relay, in the engine bay box, direct hot all the time.

I don't think this was added until '88 or '89???

Any one know??

I was thinking that was what it was for but I've never ran across anything like that before. I would think it would go through the headlight relay,,,,,not have a separate circuit for it... anywho's not a major problem...

No, your head lights will work correct, it's a added "convience" so when the truck passes you, you can let him know it's OK to pull in front of you when your headlights are not on, from the "pull" switch. Your head light will work the same as they should, being fed thru the relay, in the engine bay box, direct hot all the time. I don't think this was added until '88 or '89??? Any one know??

I was thinking that was what it was for but I've never ran across anything like that before. I would think it would go through the headlight relay,,,,,not have a separate circuit for it... anywho's not a major problem...

There is no headlight relay(s) in XJs/MJs as configured from the factory. That's why when you upgrade your headlights to halogen 100w bulbs or so w/o adding relays, your new headlights are not as bright as they should be because of voltage drop, and/or your headlight switch will soon fry because of the added current draw. There is, however, a relay for the factory foglight circuit.