No Back up lights

I have no back up lights on my 87 Jeep Comanche.  There were working and I decided to check everything before going in for an inspection and surprise! I have already checked the NSS transmission switch and clean it.  What really need is the pin out of NSS  so I can follow it to rear.  Also is the NSS providing a ground to backup lights or is providing the 12v and lights are chassis grounded? I've located the connector in back of the cab that connects the signal and brake lights  and I'm sure it connects the backup lights also. Can someone provide me with color code of the wire to rear of the truck.

Thanks

Mike

29 minutes ago, TOP said:

Also is the NSS providing a ground to backup lights or is providing the 12v and lights are chassis grounded?

NSS passes 12vdc for the backup light bulbs. Socket case provides ground.

1829718134_C159UnderbodytoTaillamps87.jpg.aef16f21d8bc7c6eba8432ece13ccfea.jpg

C159_G:   BRN W/TR

Thanks guys I was looking for a backup light fuse I'll look for the transmission one. If 12v is being provided to NSS  than that might be the problem is although engine starts. It got dark out I'll look at the NSS connector tomorrow for 12v there.

Thanks

Mike

Jason

You nailed it ! It was the transmission fuse. When I found I didn't have the back lights two things came to mind one was a fuse and the other was the NSS. In checking the owners manual it list the turn signals and backup fuse I was fixed on the back lights so in checking the 20fuse in the middle the panel I found it good. I move on to NSS having take a couple them apart in my life time I pulled it clean it up which I had done sometime last year but of course that wasn't the problem. The wire diagrams I had showed different colors than what I traced out for example orange was the hot going to back and black was the return line to ground at the cab. The rear light housing had a small ground wire coming off the each shield of the backup lights going straight to the frame. I guess it was just an extra ground wire that came with the light assembly and manufacture just screw it to ground anyway.  So both of you were right.  

So I was thinking since I have an extra NSS, I was going diagram it out and maybe have it posted here somewhere in case someone needed to know what wires go to each contacts and what contacts were used for like which ones were used for the backup or park and neutral starting position.

Thanks again

Mike