4x4 swap in stages?

Terrible timing has led me to the following questions:

I am swapping a 8.8 and dana 30 into my 2wd. Can I put on new axle perches and put the 8.8 in, install the new ax15 and t case and get a drive line to fit. Leave the straight axle in the front until i get the dana 30 rebuilt. Basically swap everything but the front axle and front driveline?

Is that ok?

Secondly I don't have the transfer case shift linkage or handle yet. Can I install all the above and do the linkage later when I install the front axle?

The reason for all this is we are moving to a new house and can't spend money on parts at the moment. I need to get the rear done while I'm here so I have my neighbors help, he has a welder and the know how to move the perches and get them in the right spot. But have to do the swap relatively quick so I don't have to tow my truck to the new place. 

If there is a write up on moving the perches please post a link. Also the u bolts and plates don't have a stud for my shock mount. Can I weld on a stud to the plate I have?

Do I simply take a grinder to the welds to get the old perches off? 

I'm also considering repositioning the spring perches and waiting until after the move because this is a lot for a new mechanic with very limited time and money. 

20200707_212232.jpg

20200707_212058.jpg

I am swapping a 8.8 and dana 30 into my 2wd. Can I put on new axle perches and put the 8.8 in, install the new ax15 and t case and get a drive line to fit. Leave the straight axle in the front until i get the dana 30 rebuilt. Basically swap everything but the front axle and front driveline?

Is that ok?

Perfectly okay.

Secondly I don't have the transfer case shift linkage or handle yet. Can I install all the above and do the linkage later when I install the front axle?

Yep.

If there is a write up on moving the perches please post a link. Also the u bolts and plates don't have a stud for my shock mount. Can I weld on a stud to the plate I have?

Check the project write-ups. To do it right will take more time that you may have at the moment, because in addition to getting the lateral spacing correct to line up with your springs, you should also set the truck on the new axle at curb weight and adjust the rotation of the differential to make the pinion angle match up with the output shaft at the transfer case.

Do I simply take a grinder to the welds to get the old perches off?

Yes.

then it sounds to me like a better idea is to leave it alone and start anew after the move is all sorted out. :L:  Moving it rough and you've got a LOT of complication to your life coming up, no need to start a project that could EASILY screw up halfway and leave you with a non-working rig.   

welding on perches is about as easy as welding gets and it doesn't even have to be done anywhere near your truck. :D