NP231 TC Shifter Linkage

So over the past year of more hardcore wheeling I've learned to HATE the stupid "z-pattern" shifter linkage on the NP231 TC. I continue to have nothing but problems with it.

I've done my research and will upgrade to the Novak SK2X setup. However at the moment I don't have the $130 to throw at it (getting married in December). So I'm looking for a cheaper/easier alternative to fixing my problem for about 2 runs left this year.

I keep having a problem with the linkage coming out of the mount on the TC itself. I've continue to adjust the linkage, I've continued to try to press that stupid bushing back in, and it just keeps coming out leaving me crawling on the ground to adjust it by hand.

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement bushing? Anyone have any idea's for keeping that "rod" into the mount? Once again, a design flaw from the factory with a stupid setup. :nuts:

100_1612.jpg

Mine doesn't stay in the mount (It can't, raised tcase) so I adjusted it so it'd work that way and called it good.

How are you doing that? The design (factory "z") requires it to have a pivot point to work.

I tried to adjust it to not have to be in that support, but the bracket just "tweaks" under movement and won't allow enough lateral movement to move the lever on the actual TC itself...

Mine doesn't stay in the mount (It can't, raised tcase) so I adjusted it so it'd work that way and called it good.

How are you doing that? The design (factory "z") requires it to have a pivot point to work.

I tried to adjust it to not have to be in that support, but the bracket just "tweaks" under movement and won't allow enough lateral movement to move the lever on the actual TC itself...

Haven't a clue how mine actually works, now that I think about it. But I did tweak the bracket to make it work a little better...