Need New Engine for my truck

Ok. From all the info I've read and correct me if I'm wrong, I can just remove my 86 2.8l V6 and drop a 3.4l v6 right? And swap the carb in and mechanical fuel pump, sensors and wires from the 2.8l? Plug and play?
Has one of you guys done the swap on your 86?

1986 Jeep Comanche X
4WD GM 2.8L V6
Front: Stock Dana 30
Rear: Stock AMC 20
Los Angeles CA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, marcial88 said:

Ok. From all the info I've read and correct me if I'm wrong, I can just remove my 86 2.8l V6 and drop a 3.4l v6 right? And swap the carb in and mechanical fuel pump, sensors and wires from the 2.8l? Plug and play?
Has one of you guys done the swap on your 86?

1986 Jeep Comanche X
4WD GM 2.8L V6
Los Angeles CA

No.

First: The 2.8L is externally balanced. That means there's a lump of weight on the flywheel or flexplate to help in balancing the rotating mass. The 3.4L is internally balanced -- it doesn't have that lump of weight on the flywheel/flexplate. So you'll need to take your flywheel or flexplate to a shop, have it neutral balanced, and use that on the 3.4L.

Your engine is carbureted. The 3.4s are fuel injected. You will either need to adapt your vehicle to run with the FI system, or swap your intake manifold and carburetor onto the 3.4L.

There's probably more, but that's what comes immediately to mind.

you can use the bare block/heads from the 3.4 and drop it in using all your current accessories/exhaust and such

BUT:

-you need to do the aforementioned re-balancing of the flywheel/flexplate or get an S-10 version that comes balanced

-and wire in an electric inline fuel pump.  the 3.4 block does not have a place to put the mechanical pump

you can use the bare block/heads from the 3.4 and drop it in using all your current accessories/exhaust and such

BUT:

-you need to do the aforementioned re-balancing of the flywheel/flexplate or get an S-10 version that comes balanced

-and wire in an electric inline fuel pump.  the 3.4 block does not have a place to put the mechanical pump

I can pretty much buy new or pull a used flywheel from an s10 right?

1986 Jeep Comanche X
4WD GM 2.8L V6
Los Angeles CA

yes.  there's a link in my sig that contains the info down in engine swaps. :L: 
Still new here. I don't know how to get to your sig. I'm using the app. I can use the browser too.

1986 Jeep Comanche X
4WD GM 2.8L V6
Los Angeles CA