Frotn D-shaft length

Hey guys I need a longer front D-shaft and wanted to know if anyone knew of a stock one that would be 2.5"s longer then my stock. I have a 2.5/AX-5. If anyone knows please share as i need one ASAP. The only D-shaft repair shop has taken 3 months to fix my buddies so i am trying to stay away from that. I may weld one up and have him balance it but wanted to check for a suitible sub first.

Cole

I look for a 4.0 auto one to grab or if anyone can messure one at full extention thgat would work casue i can messure mine. I can get one cut down easy but the guy has issues remembering what steel to order from who for the shafts so to make it longer can take him months to get it right.

Cole

Yeah trying to get a messurement for the XJ 4.0 auto so i can figure out if i can get one to work. Right now i have a 2wd because of this. I am planning on wheeling next month so i will need one then. Thanks to anyone who can provide the info and If it is long enough does anyone have one to sell??

Cole

the XJ shaft with the auto is about 1.5" longer then the 4.0 5 speed MJ shaft. That's fully compressed. I will get en exact measurmentfor you this week.

I also may have one I can sell to you. I believe I have 4 or 5 of them laying around. Just let me find one with a good CV and slip yoke

Thanks just trying to not get forgoten. Also Do all XJs with a 4.0 and AW4 have a CV style driveshaft in the front?? I need a double cardon in mine but i might be able to adapt it to work but it will take some cutting. Thanks

Cole

I thinnk the double cardon shaft first appeared when jeep placed the 4.0 in the comacnhe and cherokee although I remember seeing the cv joint on the later 2.5 vehicles when I was shopping for the front shaft at the salvage yard.

I'm sure somebody has the data on the models and year changes.

Just look at all the 4.0's until you find the right one.