Household electricity question & powder coating

schardein

3 hours ago, schardein said:

Hm, I like this idea.  Going through my "stuff" yesterday, I have a ~12' length of 6/3 with that plug on one end, and the matching male plug on the other end.  So, sort of a homemade extension cord.  Remove the male end and wire to a breaker in the box.  

My shop is 24x60, so nowhere close to full coverage, but gives some options.  The breaker box is right next to a pallet rack shelf, so this would get me to the other side of it.

It is a stiff cord.  What size welding cable would work, same size?  I have some 1 and 1/0 on hand, more flexible but way overkill.

Still doesn't help get the oven wired in?

My house wiring education is high school shop class. Much more comfortable with DC (car) wiring, had more training.

I would use the 6/3, a range plug, and 50 amp breaker and plug in. Looks like the welder could plug into it and not use the neutral slot. Also can you post a picture of the male end the seller gave you for the oven?

Edited by BeaterComanche86
Correction

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty stoked to write this update.

I'd like to publicly thank Manche757 for walking me through the wiring work (4 pages of private messages), helping to get me to this point.  Thank you!

Today I fired up the newly wired oven and powder coated my first part.  I'm sure most everyone here will recognize the battery hold down support bracket (which oddly enough, I can't find in the parts manual).  

1st pic- original part

2nd pic- bead blasted

3rd pic- first coat

4th pic- second coat

IMG_7909.jpg

IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_7913.jpg

IMG_7922.jpg