1989 BionBeer

Welp. As posted on my other thread I picked up a clean titled 1989 2wd 4.0 Pioneer long bed for $500 this weekend. She’s pretty picked a part in places but solid where it counts besides for that rust spot on the driver side floor but minor details. So far I’ve only dragged her into the garage and cleaned out the 97 monster energy cans and one deer rack out of the back and in the cab. The engine bay is pretty overwhelming at the moment not knowing what all the previous owner has ripped out and broken along the way but we’ll see what happens as we move forward with it. Luckily it came with tons of spare MJ/XJ parts with more coming as the PO finds them. Here’s to BionBeer in the Pioneer one day🍻

64154461-1A98-4E7E-B341-5E4EA43EE2C0.jpeg

AA81880B-296E-4BAA-8EF2-E0E7CA88F841.jpeg

84B23DAD-9496-4C6B-85D3-AF8980CCD2C6.jpeg

E353B627-D8F7-4C20-8040-79A176AD5285.jpeg

7EB6878A-A9A1-449E-8473-8D7DFABFDA42.jpeg

66CCC00A-A746-4D2B-964D-4243EA0DC395.jpeg

60B56F19-7A31-460E-A2B5-EFE3636F16F7.jpeg

69CF4D6B-9883-4EC2-B6FE-EB1B53A221FA.jpeg

5FDBFCC9-A6B5-4515-BD08-CC2FEE07D0E9.jpeg

2AF8DA4D-EB84-4B79-A5EC-3D5EBF93EAC1.jpeg

27CC10C2-6FE2-47F1-9057-FF719F6EC48C.jpeg

305AA130-0D9A-42BA-949F-C1BB763C4A87.jpeg

55 minutes ago, thecodemonk said:

If you need any 4.0 or AW4 stuff, you know where I live. :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure you have a better selection than either of the Pull&Saves now! I’ll definitely take you up on that once I get a list going. 

4 hours ago, JordanTMiller said:

I’m pretty sure you have a better selection than either of the Pull&Saves now! I’ll definitely take you up on that once I get a list going. 

Haha, probably by now.  Those places are pretty picked clean for jeep parts.  I have two of everything now with the old XJ and MJ parts both taking up space in the garage.

On 3/8/2020 at 10:54 PM, thecodemonk said:

Haha, probably by now.  Those places are pretty picked clean for jeep parts.  I have two of everything now with the old XJ and MJ parts both taking up space in the garage.

Shoot, maybe I should just buy everything hazard fabworks took out of your old MJ! I need most of it. I still have to determine if any water got in the current 4.0 in the new rig😣 

Also when you pull that rear axle of yours for one tons in the future I would kindly give you moneys for it as well😁

On 3/8/2020 at 7:27 PM, Airborne Janitor said:

Almost thought you bought your old silver MJ back. That thing looks pretty straight, but if you do decide to hack it up for parts let me know. Think I mentioned I need a long bed and cab corners. 

I keep getting déjà vu with it as well! Same year and trim. I definitely will keep you updated if I go that route or find anymore MJ’s on the cheap.

3 minutes ago, JordanTMiller said:

Shoot, maybe I should just buy everything hazard fabworks took out of your old MJ! I need most of it. I still have to determine if any water got in the current 4.0 in the new rig😣 

Also when you pull that rear axle of yours for one tons in the future I would kindly give you moneys for it as well😁

Sounds good!  I'll reserve the MJ d44 for you.  If you want the engine and trans from the MJ or the newer stuff off the XJ, let me know.  T-case is gone, but engine and trans is still here (And all the XJ wiring, etc).

On 3/10/2020 at 7:32 AM, thecodemonk said:

Sounds good!  I'll reserve the MJ d44 for you.  If you want the engine and trans from the MJ or the newer stuff off the XJ, let me know.  T-case is gone, but engine and trans is still here (And all the XJ wiring, etc).

I would definitely be interested in the engine and possibly the trans. I know I’m going to keep this one 2wd for now. If you have a price in mind let me know sometime, I’m in no major rush or anything. Thanks man!

On 3/10/2020 at 8:09 AM, Airborne Janitor said:

I don't know what fab skills/tools you guys got but if you need any welding done hit me up. Anything I don't have in my shop I have at my other job. 

You got a deal! I seem to always find something I could use welded. Thanks man! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

D9EBB91A-204E-4581-AF76-D538AF0F0909.jpeg.d07d9ba8c0e6fa77ebc6f5823aff64a5.jpegThe BionBeer project will always be on the back burner when it comes to which Jeep gets something fun and new first but I did get the dana44 from @thecodemonk mocked up for install so the long bed didn’t feel totally left out. Found some 33x10.50x15’s on 15x10 fake beadlocks wheels for $60 so I snagged those. Still deciding on control arms for the front before I throw the RE coils in with the SOA. It’s not much but any little bit further on a project is always fun! 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's starting to look like this project might get parted out to fund another one🤷🏼‍♂️ Life is crazy and goes way too fast. I don't want to see it go but it happens. I'm probably better off parting it out over selling it whole so my question is before I part out the bed what is the going price for a clean straight long bed with tail lights, tailgate, and bed? I know what the tail lights and tailgates bring in. Located in Spokane WA by the way. I know prices differ around the states. 99F759F7-6CBC-453B-98A4-92964811A990.jpeg.b29fcb01387d84b7675fdca84a2fa4fb.jpeg1760F571-779D-4C5E-B4DA-A969A8E90B07.jpeg.aa5aa5d0277f0a53eda5a81b62b2d723.jpeg

20 minutes ago, thecodemonk said:

Hit me up if you ever plan on selling that tailgate separate.  I'll buy it off of ya as I think it's straighter than the one I have now :)

Will do man! What did you end up paying for your replacement one if you don't mind me asking? Is the going rate still 250-300ish? 

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

sell it whole.  :L:  parting out a truck is a super duper pain in the butt.  any extra cash you might get you will work for.  and in the end you'll still have a body to deal with. 

Parting out takes longer, but my experience in selling my wrecked XJ was quite the opposite of what you mentioned.  People were more than willing to come over and pull the parts themselves (especially since it was in a shop, shaded and shielded from the elements) and I made $4k from selling the parts (I sincerely doubt anyone would have paid more than $2k at MOST for the whole thing).  The last guy even took the body (since he wanted the whole body wiring loom but wanted to take his time doing it at his own place).

Granted, the high dollar items were the bumpers and axles, but you might be surprised how much people want in parts.  I even had several repeat customers.

I think the real question is: Do you have months to just have the body sitting around while it slowly gets stripped down?

On 9/10/2020 at 11:18 AM, thecodemonk said:

Hit me up if you ever plan on selling that tailgate separate.  I'll buy it off of ya as I think it's straighter than the one I have now :)

Hey I'm going to be listing some parts this weekend. Tailgate is $300 if still interested, just wanted to make sure you get first dips if you wanted it. No worries if not!