Turbo MJ parts list

6 hours ago, krustyballer16 said:

.22ccbb7400898a618044579146796425.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The turbo manifold is under $400 from boostwerks, turbo itself is cheap (that version has an internal wastegate that personally I wouldn’t run). Your basically paying almost a grand for a downpipe (which is how much his down pipe is on eBay). My exhaust wouldn’t even be compatible since I use a TJ downpipe that wraps around the front of the oil pan.

18 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

I want to see a couple of success stories. 

Daily drivers, no tuning problems, no overheating, everything fits under hood.

I've not seen a success story, not one. 

Are you specifically referring to Comanches and the 2.5? Renix? What's your metric?

There are a lot of JTEC and NGC success stories.

My TJ is a daily driver, 5.13s, 37s, 6 speed. As I said before, not a huge fan of the Split Second but it operates fine. I don't like that I have to tune two different computers so I'm swapping in larger injectors and a 2bar map and remapping the factory PCM, ditching the Split Second entirely.

But the engine loves it, drives great, never overheats. And there are a lot of people cruising around with the Banks turbo setup, a little less homebrew.

I don't see why an older 2.5 or 4.0 wouldn't be happy to be boosted, the approach will just have to be appropriate. Address fuel. Address timing. I retard 1 degree per psi and aim for a slightly too rich, and safe, afr.

8mFk7tf.jpg

I agree. I don’t see any problem with boosting a 4.0 as long as you get the tuning right and I also agree that the split second is not the best way to go. Afr’s go a long way to keeping your engine temps in check as long as your cooling system is working as it should.